ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA buying new subway cars; C line to get upgrade?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The old, clunky C train subway cars, still running after nearly half a century, are about to be retired.
The MTA is expected to approve the purchase of 300 new subway cars on Wednesday.
That could mean an upgrade for the C line, home to the oldest trains in the subway system.
The MTA, however, has not decided whether the C line will get the brand-new cars or hand-me-downs from another line.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 29 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Firefightes battling Bronx car fire find body inside 43 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 29 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 6 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 34 min ago
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
9 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos