ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA buying new subway cars; C line to get upgrade?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The old, clunky C train subway cars, still running after nearly half a century, are about to be retired.
The MTA is expected to approve the purchase of 300 new subway cars on Wednesday.
That could mean an upgrade for the C line, home to the oldest trains in the subway system.
The MTA, however, has not decided whether the C line will get the brand-new cars or hand-me-downs from another line.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid 26 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Firebomb may have been used on police captain's home
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal
- Belmar reopens boardwalk destroyed by Sandy 3 min ago
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
26 min ago