ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA buying new subway cars; C line to get upgrade?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The old, clunky C train subway cars, still running after nearly half a century, are about to be retired.
The MTA is expected to approve the purchase of 300 new subway cars on Wednesday.
That could mean an upgrade for the C line, home to the oldest trains in the subway system.
The MTA, however, has not decided whether the C line will get the brand-new cars or hand-me-downs from another line.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader hit and killed by truck, driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs 20 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
30 min ago