ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA buying new subway cars; C line to get upgrade?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The old, clunky C train subway cars, still running after nearly half a century, are about to be retired.
The MTA is expected to approve the purchase of 300 new subway cars on Wednesday.
That could mean an upgrade for the C line, home to the oldest trains in the subway system.
The MTA, however, has not decided whether the C line will get the brand-new cars or hand-me-downs from another line.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 44 min ago
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players 5 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos