ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA buying new subway cars; C line to get upgrade?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The old, clunky C train subway cars, still running after nearly half a century, are about to be retired.
The MTA is expected to approve the purchase of 300 new subway cars on Wednesday.
That could mean an upgrade for the C line, home to the oldest trains in the subway system.
The MTA, however, has not decided whether the C line will get the brand-new cars or hand-me-downs from another line.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen