ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR ridership up in February
MINEOLA (WABC) -- More people are taking the train on Long Island.
The LIRR says ridership in February hit 6.4 million customers.
That's up 6 percent from the same time last year.
And it was the sixth straight month that the railroad reported an increase in ridership.
The railroad also reported record figures for on-time performance.
That, however, could have something to do with the lack of snow during the winter.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, long island railroad, abc7 traffic center
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 22 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 19 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 22 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos