ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR ridership up in February
MINEOLA (WABC) -- More people are taking the train on Long Island.
The LIRR says ridership in February hit 6.4 million customers.
That's up 6 percent from the same time last year.
And it was the sixth straight month that the railroad reported an increase in ridership.
The railroad also reported record figures for on-time performance.
That, however, could have something to do with the lack of snow during the winter.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, long island railroad, abc7 traffic center
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 41 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze 41 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash 29 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
42 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex...
41 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
27 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
41 min ago