ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA introducing third door on some buses
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Some bus riders in New York City will soon have to decide whether to pick door number one, two or three.
Passengers are encouraged to enter at the front of the bus and exit at the rear in order to keep the buses running on schedule.
The MTA has ordered 328 buses equipped with a third door.
Some long, accordion buses with three doors were recently introduced on some crosstown routes in Manhattan.
The MTA already is using three-door buses on its Select Bus Service routes.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 17 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique 6 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated 11 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn 19 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident