ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA introducing third door on some buses
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Some bus riders in New York City will soon have to decide whether to pick door number one, two or three.
Passengers are encouraged to enter at the front of the bus and exit at the rear in order to keep the buses running on schedule.
The MTA has ordered 328 buses equipped with a third door.
Some long, accordion buses with three doors were recently introduced on some crosstown routes in Manhattan.
The MTA already is using three-door buses on its Select Bus Service routes.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes 57 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 3 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull 52 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
48 min ago