ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA introducing third door on some buses
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Some bus riders in New York City will soon have to decide whether to pick door number one, two or three.
Passengers are encouraged to enter at the front of the bus and exit at the rear in order to keep the buses running on schedule.
The MTA has ordered 328 buses equipped with a third door.
Some long, accordion buses with three doors were recently introduced on some crosstown routes in Manhattan.
The MTA already is using three-door buses on its Select Bus Service routes.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams