ABC7 Traffic Center
Half-hourly service resuming on Port Washington line
PORT WASHINGTON (WABC) -- The Long Island Rail Road will restore half-hourly midday service on its Port Washington line next month.
The trains will return to running every 30 minutes on May 14.
The LIRR may be looking to lure back 180,000 former riders.
That's how many it lost when it cut midday half-hourly service on the line in 2010.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire 9 min ago
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in...
9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
18 min ago