ABC7 Traffic Center
East Side access project to disrupt LIRR service
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Long Island Rail Road has tried to get the East Side access project built without service disruptions, but that plan is falling apart.
The MTA now says it will have to cancel three evening rush-hour trains this summer.
The cancellations are expected to last for at least a month.
LIRR officials say they will release exact details on the service changes next month.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado 13 min ago
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Elderly man falls in Hudson off of Pier 84
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- AccuWeather: Muggy
34 min ago