ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR second track project to begin in June
EAST FARMINGDALE -- The Long Island Rail Road will start work on a second track between Farmingdale and Ronkonkoma in July.
Officials say the project should be completed in six years.
The plans were discussed Thursday at the future site of a new train station near Republic Airport in East Farmingdale.
The station will anchor a new commercial and residential development. The plans also include a transit hub with buses serving the Route 100 business corridor.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest 6 min ago
- FSU's Jameis Winston not charged in sex assault case
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages
- Graduation day for new class of FDNY firefighters 24 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos