ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR second track project to begin in June
EAST FARMINGDALE -- The Long Island Rail Road will start work on a second track between Farmingdale and Ronkonkoma in July.
Officials say the project should be completed in six years.
The plans were discussed Thursday at the future site of a new train station near Republic Airport in East Farmingdale.
The station will anchor a new commercial and residential development. The plans also include a transit hub with buses serving the Route 100 business corridor.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 44 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
44 min ago