ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices on New Jersey toll roads drop again
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- As the summer driving season ramps up, New Jersey gas prices are falling again.
The price of regular unleaded along the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway dropped eight cents Friday morning.
Now, instead of $3.54 a gallon, drivers will only have to pay $3.46.
Typically, the price of gas goes up as summer approaches, but not this year.
The average price has been steadily declining for the past six weeks, dropping 22 cents.
Motorists are taking note.
"I live on Staten Island, but I try to fill up in Jersey every chance I get," driver Tony Ablavskiy said.
Gas prices only increase once a week on the two highways, maintained by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Authority surveys 100 gas stations, located off the highway, every Wednesday and Thursday to determine an average statewide price, and implements the increases Friday morning. The service area per-gallon cost cannot be more than 3 cents above that average price.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, new jersey turnpike, garden state parkway, abc7 traffic center
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid 42 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado 25 min ago
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack 9 min ago
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- Rangers lose 2-1 to Bruins, now 0-3 in series
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma...
25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos