ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA adding extra subway trains to L line
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA is adding trains to one of New York City's busiest subway lines.
Starting Sunday, the L line will have almost 100 additional trains every week.
That means each and every weekday, there will be 16 new round trips.
Improvements in the line's signal system are allowing trains to run closer together and, therefore, more frequently.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Bergen County officer hurt in Lodi crash 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer 38 min ago
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park 29 min ago
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland 17 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32 24 min ago
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Bergen County officer hurt in Lodi crash
36 min ago