ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA adding extra subway trains to L line
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA is adding trains to one of New York City's busiest subway lines.
Starting Sunday, the L line will have almost 100 additional trains every week.
That means each and every weekday, there will be 16 new round trips.
Improvements in the line's signal system are allowing trains to run closer together and, therefore, more frequently.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 14 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
14 min ago