ABC7 Traffic Center
Crash suspends LIRR between Farmingdale, Ronkonkoma
CENTRAL ISLIP (WABC) -- A car apparently drove into the path of a LIRR train in Central Islip, killing the driver and suspending service on the Ronkonkoma Branch Monday morning.
The car was struck by the train just west of the station just after 4:30 a.m.
Service on the LIRR Ronkonkoma Branch was suspended in both directions for the morning rush between Farmingdale and Ronkonkoma.
Westbound service runs from Farmingdale every half hour 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, long island railroad, central islip, abc7 traffic center
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 44 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
44 min ago