ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR expands quiet car program
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- Long Island Rail Road commuters can look forward to a little more quiet space starting Monday.
That's when there will be an extra noise-free car on every single-level electric train heading to Penn Station and Atlantic Terminal during the morning peak hours.
Bi-level trains are not part of the expansion.
Trains leaving those stations during the evening rush will also have the extra quiet cars.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 14 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest 36 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay 38 min ago
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze...
36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
14 min ago
- Russians, Crimeans discuss referendum on...
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos