ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR expands quiet car program
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- Long Island Rail Road commuters can look forward to a little more quiet space starting Monday.
That's when there will be an extra noise-free car on every single-level electric train heading to Penn Station and Atlantic Terminal during the morning peak hours.
Bi-level trains are not part of the expansion.
Trains leaving those stations during the evening rush will also have the extra quiet cars.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- South Plainfield High School lockdown lifted 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 4 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 37 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 24 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 34 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3...
24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
28 min ago