ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices on New Jersey toll roads drop again
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- As the summer driving season ramps up, New Jersey gas prices are falling again.
The price of regular unleaded along the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway dropped six cents Friday morning.
Now, instead of $3.46 a gallon, drivers will only have to pay $3.40.
Typically, the price of gas goes up as summer approaches, but not this year.
The average price has been steadily declining for the past seven weeks, dropping 28 cents.
Motorists are taking note.
"I live on Staten Island, but I try to fill up in Jersey every chance I get," driver Tony Ablavskiy said.
Gas prices only increase once a week on the two highways, maintained by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Authority surveys 100 gas stations, located off the highway, every Wednesday and Thursday to determine an average statewide price, and implements the increases Friday morning. The service area per-gallon cost cannot be more than 3 cents above that average price.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, new jersey turnpike, garden state parkway, abc7 traffic center
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos