ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices on New Jersey toll roads drop again
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- As the summer driving season ramps up, New Jersey gas prices are falling again.
The price of regular unleaded along the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway dropped six cents Friday morning.
Now, instead of $3.40 a gallon, drivers will only have to pay $3.34.
Typically, the price of gas goes up as summer approaches, but not this year.
The average price has been steadily declining for the past eight weeks, dropping 34 cents.
Motorists are taking note.
"I live on Staten Island, but I try to fill up in Jersey every chance I get," driver Tony Ablavskiy said.
Gas prices only increase once a week on the two highways, maintained by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Authority surveys 100 gas stations, located off the highway, every Wednesday and Thursday to determine an average statewide price, and implements the increases Friday morning. The service area per-gallon cost cannot be more than 3 cents above that average price.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, new jersey turnpike, garden state parkway, abc7 traffic center
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security 9 min ago
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 6 min ago
- Photos: Easter 2014 Around the World
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
46 min ago