ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR service restored between Brooklyn, Queens
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- LIRR Service has been restored in both directions between Jamaica Station and Atlantic Terminal with residual delays of up to 30 minutes.
Earlier, service was suspended due to weather-related signal problems. Weather continues to cause some problems on LIRR.
There is no westbound service from Ronkonkoma and delayed eastbound service due to signal trouble.
LIRR says it is experiencing delays system-wide due to the signal problems. Officials are advising commuters to plan extra time for travel and listen for station announcements.
More information: www.mta.info/lirr
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow hits southern New Jersey, heads for NYC
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV