ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR service restored between Brooklyn, Queens
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- LIRR Service has been restored in both directions between Jamaica Station and Atlantic Terminal with residual delays of up to 30 minutes.
Earlier, service was suspended due to weather-related signal problems. Weather continues to cause some problems on LIRR.
There is no westbound service from Ronkonkoma and delayed eastbound service due to signal trouble.
LIRR says it is experiencing delays system-wide due to the signal problems. Officials are advising commuters to plan extra time for travel and listen for station announcements.
More information: www.mta.info/lirr
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 51 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 8 min ago
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 21 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
51 min ago