ABC7 Traffic Center
Free Wi-Fi coming to Chelsea subway stations
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There is good news for subway riders, as six stations in Chelsea are getting free Wi-Fi.
The stations currently offer paid Wi-Fi, but it will be offered for free this summer thanks to Google.
Google Offers is sponsoring the program through September 7, but officials hope to extend the service through other sponsors.
The free service is at the A, C and E station at 14th Street, the L station at Sixth Avenue, the L station at Eighth Avenue, the F and M station at 14th Street, the 1, 2 and 3 station at 14th Street and the C and E station at 23rd Street.
The MTA plans to have Wi-Fi at all stations by 2016.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- AccuWeather: Muggy
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Large tornado touches down near Oklahoma City 30 min ago
- Suffolk County man arrested for sex crimes against children 55 min ago
- Metro North riders forced to find other means 28 min ago
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Car into Huntington Harbor, 1 dead, 1 rescued 32 min ago
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Metro North riders forced to find other means
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos