ABC7 Traffic Center
NJ Transit delays expected to clear for morning rush
NEW YORK -- New Jersey Transit is expected to operate on time for the morning rush.
New Jersey Transit says the overhead wire malfunction has forced the closure of one tunnel into Manhattan. Amtrak crews are working on the problem.
NJ Transit spokesman John Durso Jr. says tickets are being cross-honored on PATH trains and NJ Transit buses as well as private carriers. The problem began about 6 p.m.
Separately, inbound trains are bypassing Newark Liberty Airport because of a wire problem. Travelers are advised to disembark at Newark Penn Station and take outbound trains to the airport.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Funeral for one of victims of Metro-North derailment
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress 31 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Wintry blast moves through much of country, heads East
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary