ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices on New Jersey toll roads drop again
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- As the summer driving season ramps up, New Jersey gas prices are falling again.
The price of regular unleaded along the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway dropped three cents Friday morning.
Now, instead of $3.29 a gallon, drivers will only have to pay $3.26.
Typically, the price of gas goes up as the summer gets under way, but not this year.
The average price has been steadily declining for the past 10 weeks, dropping 42 cents.
Motorists are taking note.
"I live on Staten Island, but I try to fill up in Jersey every chance I get," driver Tony Ablavskiy said.
Gas prices only increase once a week on the two highways, maintained by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Authority surveys 100 gas stations, located off the highway, every Wednesday and Thursday to determine an average statewide price, and implements the increases Friday morning. The service area per-gallon cost cannot be more than 3 cents above that average price.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, new jersey turnpike, garden state parkway, abc7 traffic center
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park 37 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son 42 min ago
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home 23 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32