ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR planning Penn Station makeover
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Long Island Railroad is planning a massive makeover for Penn Station.
It would be the largest redesign since the original Penn Station was demolished in 1963 to make way for Madison Square Garden.
A Los Angeles company is helping plan a new layout, with new electronic signs and wider walking areas with natural light.
The MTA also hopes to upgrade the quality of the station's restaurants and stores.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash