ABC7 Traffic Center
Changes coming to evening peak service on LIRR
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New construction for the MTA's East Side Access project will impact some Long Island residents' commutes starting Monday.
Thousands of commuters should prepare for a slightly longer commute, as there will be one less easbound track during the evening peak hours. The change will result in the cancellation of two trains to Babylon and one train to Long Beach.
There will also be changes to the schedule of four evening rush hour trains to Babylon and Long Beach.
The changes will add 11 minutes to travel time on the Babylon branch and six minutes to the Long Beach branch.
The changes are expected to last at least a month.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Yonkers fire injures family of four 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems 1 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of Year 1 min ago
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket 30 min ago
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures