ABC7 Traffic Center
Changes coming to evening peak service on LIRR
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New construction for the MTA's East Side Access project will impact some Long Island residents' commutes starting Monday.
Thousands of commuters should prepare for a slightly longer commute, as there will be one less easbound track during the evening peak hours. The change will result in the cancellation of two trains to Babylon and one train to Long Beach.
There will also be changes to the schedule of four evening rush hour trains to Babylon and Long Beach.
The changes will add 11 minutes to travel time on the Babylon branch and six minutes to the Long Beach branch.
The changes are expected to last at least a month.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service 55 min ago
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term 53 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013