ABC7 Traffic Center
Changes coming to evening peak service on LIRR
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New construction for the MTA's East Side Access project will impact some Long Island residents' commutes starting Monday.
Thousands of commuters should prepare for a slightly longer commute, as there will be one less easbound track during the evening peak hours. The change will result in the cancellation of two trains to Babylon and one train to Long Beach.
There will also be changes to the schedule of four evening rush hour trains to Babylon and Long Beach.
The changes will add 11 minutes to travel time on the Babylon branch and six minutes to the Long Beach branch.
The changes are expected to last at least a month.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- 51 people confirmed dead in Okla. tornado 38 min ago
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Elderly man falls in Hudson off of Pier 84
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers