ABC7 Traffic Center
Train delays on Amtrak, NJ Transit, LIRR
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Commuters who ride Amtrak, New Jersey Transit and the LIRR faced a nasty commute Monday morning.
NJ Transit trains in and out of New York City were subject to 20 to 30 minute delays due to Amtrak computer problems that affected control of signals and switches.
Midtown Directs were being diverted to Hoboken, where PATH was accepting New Jersey Transit Rail tickets.
New Jersey Transit bus and private carriers were also cross-honoring rail tickets.
There were also delays on the Long Island Rail Road due to signal trouble. There were 15- to 20-minute delays westbound and 10- to 15-minute delays eastbound. Atlantic Terminal westbound trains were operating with 10- to 15-minute delays.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey