ABC7 Traffic Center
Car crashes into toll plaza on Garden State Parkway
GARDEN STATE PARKWAY (WABC) -- An accident on the Garden State Parkway casued afternoon delays.
Police say a car driven by an 86-year-old man, traveling on the North bound Garden State Parkway unexpectedly slammed into a toll booth at the Bergen Toll Plaza in Saddle Brook.
Due to the accident 3 lanes of the toll plaza were closed and delays were substantial.
NJ Turnpike Authority officials decided to waive tolls during the evening commute to alleviate the traffic mess. Traffic has quickly backed up over 2 miles but stayed that was during the cleanup. It didn't get any worse.
Two toll collectors were able to escape with no injuries.
The driver of the vehicle was being treated at Hackensack University Hospital for minor injuries.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
abc7 traffic center
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea 13 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 5 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
5 min ago