ABC7 Traffic Center
Feds provide funding for NJ Transit bus upgrades
NEWARK, N.J. -- NJ Transit is getting a boost from the federal government to upgrade and expand its bus service in New Jersey.
About $46 million will go to replace aging NJ Transit buses with newer, more fuel-efficient models.
Another $27 million will go toward putting hybrid buses on the road between southern New Jersey and New York City.
And $2.6 million is earmarked for expanded bus service between Camden and Philadelphia.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed
- Ramarley Graham's parents to join rally in Harlem 58 min ago
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos