ABC7 Traffic Center
Straphangers Campaign releases subway report card
NEW YORK -- The annual Straphangers Campaign's "State of the Subways" report card is out, and the Q has been rated the best New York City subway line for the first time since 2001.
The Q runs between Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue in Brooklyn and Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard in Queens. The riders' advocates like its announcements, among other things.
The C line is rated the worst, for the fourth year in a row. That line operates between East New York in Brooklyn and Washington Heights in Manhattan.
Its shortcomings are listed as: amount of scheduled service; mechanical delays; subway car cleanliness; and announcements.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Brooklyn Bridge closed in both directions after car fire 18 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- 3 more men arrested in slaying of British soldier in London
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile
- Kickoff to a Long Island Summer today!
2 min ago