ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices on New Jersey toll roads up again
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- The price of regular unleaded gasoline along New Jersey toll roads went up Friday morning for the fourth straight week after 10 weeks of decline.
The price of regular unleaded along the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway increased 2 cents.
Now, instead of $3.47 a gallon, drivers will have to pay $3.49.
The average price had been steadily declining for 10 weeks, dropping 42 cents before the trend reversed itself. The prices have regained 23 cents in the past four weeks.
The highways still offer some of the cheaper gas in the area, and motorists are taking note.
"I live on Staten Island, but I try to fill up in Jersey every chance I get," driver Tony Ablavskiy said.
Gas prices only increase once a week on the two highways, maintained by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Authority surveys 100 gas stations, located off the highway, every Wednesday and Thursday to determine an average statewide price, and implements the increases Friday morning. The service area per-gallon cost cannot be more than 3 cents above that average price.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, new jersey turnpike, garden state parkway, abc7 traffic center
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 3 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Man dies in scuffle with police outside Bronx bodega 32 min ago
- Woman thrown from motorcycle, hit by cab 25 min ago
- 3 slashed during disupte in Morningside Heights 19 min ago
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years 45 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos