ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices on New Jersey toll roads up again
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- The price of regular unleaded gasoline along New Jersey toll roads went up Friday morning for the fourth straight week after 10 weeks of decline.
The price of regular unleaded along the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway increased 2 cents.
Now, instead of $3.47 a gallon, drivers will have to pay $3.49.
The average price had been steadily declining for 10 weeks, dropping 42 cents before the trend reversed itself. The prices have regained 23 cents in the past four weeks.
The highways still offer some of the cheaper gas in the area, and motorists are taking note.
"I live on Staten Island, but I try to fill up in Jersey every chance I get," driver Tony Ablavskiy said.
Gas prices only increase once a week on the two highways, maintained by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Authority surveys 100 gas stations, located off the highway, every Wednesday and Thursday to determine an average statewide price, and implements the increases Friday morning. The service area per-gallon cost cannot be more than 3 cents above that average price.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, new jersey turnpike, garden state parkway, abc7 traffic center
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark 53 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 14 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed 47 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013 48 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
38 min ago