ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices on New Jersey toll roads up again
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- The price of regular unleaded gasoline along New Jersey toll roads went up Friday morning for the fourth straight week after 10 weeks of decline.
The price of regular unleaded along the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway increased 2 cents.
Now, instead of $3.47 a gallon, drivers will have to pay $3.49.
The average price had been steadily declining for 10 weeks, dropping 42 cents before the trend reversed itself. The prices have regained 23 cents in the past four weeks.
The highways still offer some of the cheaper gas in the area, and motorists are taking note.
"I live on Staten Island, but I try to fill up in Jersey every chance I get," driver Tony Ablavskiy said.
Gas prices only increase once a week on the two highways, maintained by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Authority surveys 100 gas stations, located off the highway, every Wednesday and Thursday to determine an average statewide price, and implements the increases Friday morning. The service area per-gallon cost cannot be more than 3 cents above that average price.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, new jersey turnpike, garden state parkway, abc7 traffic center
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 21 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire 12 min ago
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in...
12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
21 min ago