ABC7 Traffic Center
NJ Transit achieves customer satisfaction goal
NEWARK (WABC) -- Marking the first complete year of Scorecard, New Jersey Transit on Wednesday posted an overall customer satisfaction score of 6.0 system wide, achieving the agency's 2012 goal.
Scorecard launched in July 2011 and was designed to provide the public with a clear measurement of how the organization is performing, while driving strategic decisions to improve the overall customer experience. Along with the latest survey results, the agency also announced its new customer satisfaction goal of 6.5 for the current fiscal year.
The survey was conducted online at njtransit.com and in the field between June 8 and June 29. The survey asked bus, rail, light rail and Access Link customers to rate New Jersey Transit on a scale of 0 to 10. Customers also considered 41 attributes of the system related to facilities, service, vehicles, communications and the overall experience using New Jersey Transit. In addition, customers were asked to identify the most important aspects of service among the items they rated.
Of the approximately 440,700 customers who use the service on a typical weekday, New Jersey Transit received nearly 16,000 responses to the online and field survey.
Regarding customer loyalty, 76 percent of the customers surveyed said they would recommend New Jersey Transit to a friend, relative or neighbor (up from 67 percent from the baseline rating). The organization established the baseline with the first customer survey conducted in advance of the launch of Scorecard last year.
Of the 41 attributes of the system customers were asked to rate, system wide scores increased on all but two attributes - Payment Options and New Jersey 's website - both of which remained constant at a strong score of 7.0.
Surveys are being conducted quarterly.More on the survey
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 42 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement 16 min ago
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt 44 min ago
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled 50 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in...
16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
42 min ago