ABC7 Traffic Center
NJ Transit achieves customer satisfaction goal
NEWARK (WABC) -- Marking the first complete year of Scorecard, New Jersey Transit on Wednesday posted an overall customer satisfaction score of 6.0 system wide, achieving the agency's 2012 goal.
Scorecard launched in July 2011 and was designed to provide the public with a clear measurement of how the organization is performing, while driving strategic decisions to improve the overall customer experience. Along with the latest survey results, the agency also announced its new customer satisfaction goal of 6.5 for the current fiscal year.
The survey was conducted online at njtransit.com and in the field between June 8 and June 29. The survey asked bus, rail, light rail and Access Link customers to rate New Jersey Transit on a scale of 0 to 10. Customers also considered 41 attributes of the system related to facilities, service, vehicles, communications and the overall experience using New Jersey Transit. In addition, customers were asked to identify the most important aspects of service among the items they rated.
Of the approximately 440,700 customers who use the service on a typical weekday, New Jersey Transit received nearly 16,000 responses to the online and field survey.
Regarding customer loyalty, 76 percent of the customers surveyed said they would recommend New Jersey Transit to a friend, relative or neighbor (up from 67 percent from the baseline rating). The organization established the baseline with the first customer survey conducted in advance of the launch of Scorecard last year.
Of the 41 attributes of the system customers were asked to rate, system wide scores increased on all but two attributes - Payment Options and New Jersey 's website - both of which remained constant at a strong score of 7.0.
Surveys are being conducted quarterly.More on the survey
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
12 min ago