ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices on New Jersey toll roads up again
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- The price of regular unleaded gasoline along New Jersey toll roads went up Friday morning for the fifth straight week after 10 weeks of decline.
The price of regular unleaded along the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway increased 8 cents.
Now, instead of $3.49 a gallon, drivers will have to pay $3.57.
The average price had been steadily declining for 10 weeks, dropping 42 cents before the trend reversed itself. The prices have regained 31 cents in the past four weeks.
The highways still offer some of the cheaper gas in the area, and motorists are taking note.
"I live on Staten Island, but I try to fill up in Jersey every chance I get," driver Tony Ablavskiy said.
Gas prices only increase once a week on the two highways, maintained by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Authority surveys 100 gas stations, located off the highway, every Wednesday and Thursday to determine an average statewide price, and implements the increases Friday morning. The service area per-gallon cost cannot be more than 3 cents above that average price.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, new jersey turnpike, garden state parkway, abc7 traffic center
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 23 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 1 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash 8 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos