ABC7 Traffic Center
Jamaica and Brooklyn LIRR service fully restored
NEW YORK (WABC) -- LIRR service between Jamaica and Brooklyn is fully restored after a derailment in Atlantic Terminal.
The train that derailed had no passengers on board.
No LIRR workers were injured.
There had been limited half hourly service throughout the PM Rush due to the earlier derailment of a non-passenger train at Atlantic Terminal. NYC Transit is no longer cross honoring LIRR fares.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members 4 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 18 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 33 min ago
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos