ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices on New Jersey toll roads up again
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- The price of regular unleaded gasoline along New Jersey toll roads went up Friday morning for the sixth straight week after 10 weeks of decline.
The price of regular unleaded along the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway increased 5 cents.
Now, instead of $3.57 a gallon, drivers will have to pay $3.62.
The average price had been steadily declining for 10 weeks, dropping 42 cents before the trend reversed itself. The prices have regained 36 cents in the past six weeks.
The highways still offer some of the cheaper gas in the area, and motorists are taking note.
"I live on Staten Island, but I try to fill up in Jersey every chance I get," driver Tony Ablavskiy said.
Gas prices only increase once a week on the two highways, maintained by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Authority surveys 100 gas stations, located off the highway, every Wednesday and Thursday to determine an average statewide price, and implements the increases Friday morning. The service area per-gallon cost cannot be more than 3 cents above that average price.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, new jersey turnpike, garden state parkway, abc7 traffic center
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 48 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment 4 min ago
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt 10 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
36 min ago