ABC7 Traffic Center
Traffic, water flowing again in Yonkers
YONKERS (WABC) -- The Saw Mill Parkway is open again and water flowing as crews mostly finished repairs to broken water main.
The Cross County Parkway has also been reopened in Yonkers.
A boil water advisory remains in effect for southwest Yonkers through at least Thursday while health officials await test results.
Residents are advised to boil water before drinking it or using it to prepare food.
Cases of bottled water are being provided to senior housing facilities.
One southbound lane of the Saw Mill River Parkway between the Cross County Parkway and McLean Avenue remains closed.
The break on Monday was caused by a private contractor installing fiber optic cables.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, yonkers, water main break, abc7 traffic center
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year 6 min ago
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Police ID suspect in theft of 1-year old's earrings 33 min ago
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat 57 min ago
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy 50 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake' 59 min ago