ABC7 Traffic Center
Traffic, water flowing again in Yonkers
YONKERS (WABC) -- The Saw Mill Parkway is open again and water flowing as crews mostly finished repairs to broken water main.
The Cross County Parkway has also been reopened in Yonkers.
A boil water advisory remains in effect for southwest Yonkers through at least Thursday while health officials await test results.
Residents are advised to boil water before drinking it or using it to prepare food.
Cases of bottled water are being provided to senior housing facilities.
One southbound lane of the Saw Mill River Parkway between the Cross County Parkway and McLean Avenue remains closed.
The break on Monday was caused by a private contractor installing fiber optic cables.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, yonkers, water main break, abc7 traffic center
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid 21 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado 4 min ago
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- Rangers lose 2-1 to Bruins, now 0-3 in series
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma...
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos