ABC7 Traffic Center
Boil water advisory lifted for southwest Yonkers
YONKERS (WABC) -- There's finally some good news for Yonkers residents affected by a massive water main break Monday, but problems still persist as crews work restore full water service.
It was issued after a water main burst on Tuesday. .
Officials are still testing water samples for coliform bacteria. The results should be available late Saturday night, and if they are negative, the advisory will be lifted.
The repairs to the 30-inch water main hit a snag Tuesday when the device that was supposed to seal the break didn't fit properly. The Department of Public Works were able to cap the main by midmorning Wednesday, and they tested it by flushing water through the system.
The break on Monday was caused by a private contractor installing fiber optic cables.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, yonkers, water main break, abc7 traffic center, marci gonzalez
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night 42 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro-North: train outage expected for days 52 min ago
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported 37 min ago
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Bruins top Rangers 5-2 29 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Graduation takes somber tone at Hofstra...
57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
42 min ago
- Investigators continue to examine Metro...
52 min ago