ABC7 Traffic Center
Boil water advisory lifted for southwest Yonkers
YONKERS (WABC) -- There's finally some good news for Yonkers residents affected by a massive water main break Monday, but problems still persist as crews work restore full water service.
It was issued after a water main burst on Tuesday. .
Officials are still testing water samples for coliform bacteria. The results should be available late Saturday night, and if they are negative, the advisory will be lifted.
The repairs to the 30-inch water main hit a snag Tuesday when the device that was supposed to seal the break didn't fit properly. The Department of Public Works were able to cap the main by midmorning Wednesday, and they tested it by flushing water through the system.
The break on Monday was caused by a private contractor installing fiber optic cables.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
westchester county, yonkers, water main break, abc7 traffic center, marci gonzalez
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos