ABC7 Traffic Center
Report: 1 in 10 NJ Transit buses leaves terminal late
NEW YORK -- One in 10 NJ Transit buses leaves late from New York's Port Authority Bus Terminal.
That's according to NJ Transit records reviewed by the Wall Street Journal for the first six months of 2012.
The system's worst offenders are the 161 bus to Paterson and the 193 express to Wayne. One in four buses on the two lines left late.
Twelve percent - one in 10 buses - left the terminal more than five minutes late. But commuters say they sometimes wait up to an hour for a bus with a seat.
NJ Transit said it's running out of space at the terminal.
The Port Authority says it anticipates bus departures and arrivals from the terminal to grow by up to 34 percent in the next 25 years.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 42 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 17 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Princeton to begin meningitis B vaccinations Monday
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame 2 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures 19 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 12 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
17 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos