ABC7 Traffic Center
Report: 1 in 10 NJ Transit buses leaves terminal late
NEW YORK -- One in 10 NJ Transit buses leaves late from New York's Port Authority Bus Terminal.
That's according to NJ Transit records reviewed by the Wall Street Journal for the first six months of 2012.
The system's worst offenders are the 161 bus to Paterson and the 193 express to Wayne. One in four buses on the two lines left late.
Twelve percent - one in 10 buses - left the terminal more than five minutes late. But commuters say they sometimes wait up to an hour for a bus with a seat.
NJ Transit said it's running out of space at the terminal.
The Port Authority says it anticipates bus departures and arrivals from the terminal to grow by up to 34 percent in the next 25 years.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
34 min ago