ABC7 Traffic Center
Downed tree causes delays for some Metro North riders
FORDHAM (WABC) -- It was a long ride home for some Metro North commuters after a tree came down on some of the tracks.
A spokeswoman says a large tree that came down between the Williamsbridge and Botanical Garden train stations in Fordham.
It happened around 2:00 p.m.
The tree blocked 3 of 4 tracks leaving only one track available for service through the area.
Delays reached up to 40 minutes in both directions on the Harlem line before the tree could be removed.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, metro north, abc7 traffic center
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island 7 min ago
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says 14 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos