ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices down slightly in New Jersey
TRENTON, N.J. -- Motorists are seeing slightly lower prices at the pumps in New Jersey.
AAA Mid-Atlantic says the average price of regular gasoline in New Jersey on Friday was $3.80, down 4 cents from last week.
But that's still much higher than the price from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.49.
Meanwhile, the national average price also fell by 4 cents to $3.83.
That's also much higher than the national average from a year ago, which was $3.57.
Analysts say the lower prices at the pump are mostly due to falling crude oil prices and stations switching over to less expensive winter blends.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, abc7 traffic center
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth 1 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
28 min ago