ABC7 Traffic Center
More subway shutdowns as 'Fast Track' returns
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A commuter alert: the MTA's Fast Track program returns Monday night, which means more late night subway shutdowns.
The MTA will suspend service on the B, D, F and M lines from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m., meaning no Sixth Avenue service between 57th Street and West 4th Street in Manhattan in both directions for four consecutive weeknights.
Most lines will be re-routed between Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan.
Q service will be extended, and free shuttle buses will be available between Grand Street, Canal, and Broadway-Lafayette.
D trains are rerouted and operate in two sections: · D trains will operate between 205th Street and 59th Street-Columbus Circle, then via the C line between 59th Street-Columbus Circle and West 4th Street, then via the F line between West 4th Street and 2nd Avenue, the last stop.
· D trains will operate between Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue and 36th Street in Brooklyn, then via the R line between 36th Street and Whitehall Street in Lower Manhattan, the last stop.
F trains operate via the E line between Roosevelt Avenue and West 4th Street in both directions. For service to Lexington Avenue/63rd Street, Roosevelt Island and 21st Street-Queensbridge, customers should take the Q. Q service will be extended to 21st Street-Queensbridge via the F line after 57th Street-7th Avenue.
Manhattan-bound B and M service in Brooklyn and Queens ends at 9:30 p.m. Service in Manhattan is available until 10 p.m.
Customers should use nearby stations and services: ACE2345NQR. Free Shuttle buses provide connecting service between the Grand Street D station and both the Canal Street NQR6 and Broadway-Lafayette DF stations.
The closures will affect from 10% to 15% of those riders depending on the line segment. When a line segment is closed at night, customers can expect to add 20 minutes to their usual travel time.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, subway work, subway, abc7 traffic center
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire