ABC7 Traffic Center
More subway shutdowns as 'Fast Track' returns
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A commuter alert: the MTA's Fast Track program returns Monday night, which means more late night subway shutdowns.
The MTA will suspend service on the B, D, F and M lines from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m., meaning no Sixth Avenue service between 57th Street and West 4th Street in Manhattan in both directions for four consecutive weeknights.
Most lines will be re-routed between Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan.
Q service will be extended, and free shuttle buses will be available between Grand Street, Canal, and Broadway-Lafayette.
D trains are rerouted and operate in two sections: · D trains will operate between 205th Street and 59th Street-Columbus Circle, then via the C line between 59th Street-Columbus Circle and West 4th Street, then via the F line between West 4th Street and 2nd Avenue, the last stop.
· D trains will operate between Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue and 36th Street in Brooklyn, then via the R line between 36th Street and Whitehall Street in Lower Manhattan, the last stop.
F trains operate via the E line between Roosevelt Avenue and West 4th Street in both directions. For service to Lexington Avenue/63rd Street, Roosevelt Island and 21st Street-Queensbridge, customers should take the Q. Q service will be extended to 21st Street-Queensbridge via the F line after 57th Street-7th Avenue.
Manhattan-bound B and M service in Brooklyn and Queens ends at 9:30 p.m. Service in Manhattan is available until 10 p.m.
Customers should use nearby stations and services: ACE2345NQR. Free Shuttle buses provide connecting service between the Grand Street D station and both the Canal Street NQR6 and Broadway-Lafayette DF stations.
The closures will affect from 10% to 15% of those riders depending on the line segment. When a line segment is closed at night, customers can expect to add 20 minutes to their usual travel time.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, subway work, subway, abc7 traffic center
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 44 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl 42 min ago
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 52 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse 53 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Two women hold top 2 spots in Newark Police Department
- Former Gov. Jon Corzine's son dies
- Photos: $2.35 million 'Modern Family' home for sale