ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA: Survey shows customer satisfaction up
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA says its latest survey for 2012 shows more riders like the agency's service.
On subways, 81 percent say they are satisfied with their home stations.
On the Long Island Rail Road, 86 percent of customers say they are happy with the service they're getting.
And 93 percent of Metro-North riders are satisfied with their commute. That's up from 89 percent in 2011 when severe winter weather frequently affected service.
Satisfaction in on-time performance also is up: 91 percent compared to 88 percent in 2011.
The Port Jervis line received an all-time high 92 percent satisfaction rate.
Metro-North says 5,855 east-of-the-Hudson riders and 730 west-of-the-Hudson riders were surveyed in June.
The railroad has conducted the survey since 1988.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- At least 2 dead, 14 hurt in East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 19 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 4 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 8 min ago
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase 8 min ago