ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA: Survey shows customer satisfaction up
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA says its latest survey for 2012 shows more riders like the agency's service.
On subways, 81 percent say they are satisfied with their home stations.
On the Long Island Rail Road, 86 percent of customers say they are happy with the service they're getting.
And 93 percent of Metro-North riders are satisfied with their commute. That's up from 89 percent in 2011 when severe winter weather frequently affected service.
Satisfaction in on-time performance also is up: 91 percent compared to 88 percent in 2011.
The Port Jervis line received an all-time high 92 percent satisfaction rate.
Metro-North says 5,855 east-of-the-Hudson riders and 730 west-of-the-Hudson riders were surveyed in June.
The railroad has conducted the survey since 1988.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Lee Goldberg explains Oklahoma's tornado...
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers