ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA to vote on Grand Central 'Kissing Room' restoration
NEW YORK (WABC) -- If you remember meeting under the clock at Grand Central Terminal, you might remember the Kissing Room.
The MTA will vote Wednesday on spending $15 million to restore that long-forgotten nook, located in the northwest corner of the terminal.
In its glory, the Kissing Room was a more intimate arrival point for cross-country travelers.
Now, it's set to become the welcome point for 80,000 Long Island Rail Road riders who will use the new East Side Access service.
Of course, kissing will be optional.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- Success Academy parents to sue in charter school fight
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies 33 min ago
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 10 min ago
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice 2 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos