ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA to vote on Grand Central 'Kissing Room' restoration
NEW YORK (WABC) -- If you remember meeting under the clock at Grand Central Terminal, you might remember the Kissing Room.
The MTA will vote Wednesday on spending $15 million to restore that long-forgotten nook, located in the northwest corner of the terminal.
In its glory, the Kissing Room was a more intimate arrival point for cross-country travelers.
Now, it's set to become the welcome point for 80,000 Long Island Rail Road riders who will use the new East Side Access service.
Of course, kissing will be optional.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services 1 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire