ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey Transit bus hits, kills pedestrian
PASSAIC (WABC) -- A New Jersey Transit bus struck and killed a pedestrian in Passaic Thursday morning.
Police say the victim was struck at around 7 a.m.
The pedestrian was pinned under the bus and later pronounced dead at the hospital.
The bus, on route 74U, was going south to Newark at the time of the crash.
It had 48 to 50 passengers on board and was headed south on Main Avenue.
The passengers were transferred to another bus and the driver was removed.
The Passaic County Prosecutor's Office is investigating.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, passaic, pedestrian struck, abc7 traffic center
- 2 men arrested in after incident with Pakistan plane 23 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- Amanda Bynes arrested, allegedly tosses bong out window
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident 38 min ago
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer 21 min ago
- Brooklyn robber terrorizing teens with knife, box cutter
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos