ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey Transit bus hits, kills pedestrian
PASSAIC (WABC) -- A New Jersey Transit bus struck and killed a pedestrian in Passaic Thursday morning.
Police say the victim was struck at around 7 a.m.
The pedestrian was pinned under the bus and later pronounced dead at the hospital.
The bus, on route 74U, was going south to Newark at the time of the crash.
It had 48 to 50 passengers on board and was headed south on Main Avenue.
The passengers were transferred to another bus and the driver was removed.
The Passaic County Prosecutor's Office is investigating.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, passaic, pedestrian struck, abc7 traffic center
- Winter Weather Advisory 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Multiple people injured in Toms River bus accident 38 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 21 min ago
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow 8 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
21 min ago
- Winter Weather Advisory
26 min ago