ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey Transit bus hits, kills pedestrian
PASSAIC (WABC) -- A New Jersey Transit bus struck and killed a pedestrian in Passaic Thursday morning.
Police say the victim was struck at around 7 a.m.
The pedestrian was pinned under the bus and later pronounced dead at the hospital.
The bus, on route 74U, was going south to Newark at the time of the crash.
It had 48 to 50 passengers on board and was headed south on Main Avenue.
The passengers were transferred to another bus and the driver was removed.
The Passaic County Prosecutor's Office is investigating.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, passaic, pedestrian struck, abc7 traffic center
- Snow alert issued for New York City 19 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela 48 min ago
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary