ABC7 Traffic Center
PATH fares going up on Monday
JERSEY CITY, N.J. (WABC) -- PATH train riders will be shelling out more for their trips.
Starting at 3 a.m. Monday, the price of a one-way ride on the interstate transit line operated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey will go up a quarter to $2.25 per trip. It marks the second phase of a toll and fare increase package approved by the authority in August 2011.
PATH riders who use the PATH Smart Card can get a discount to a one-way fare of $1.70, off the $2.25 fare. But cash customers and those using Metrocards will pay full fare.
PATH riders will also pay more for multi-day passes. The seven-day Smart Link pass will cost $3 more or $24, while the 30-day Smart Link pass will be $73, up $8.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, path train, abc7 traffic center
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 48 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Video: Icy cold temperatures hit Tri-State area 43 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Mega Millions hits $400M jackpot 29 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email 6 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Icy cold temperatures hit Tri-State area
43 min ago
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
48 min ago