ABC7 Traffic Center
PATH fares going up on Monday
JERSEY CITY, N.J. (WABC) -- PATH train riders will be shelling out more for their trips.
Starting at 3 a.m. Monday, the price of a one-way ride on the interstate transit line operated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey will go up a quarter to $2.25 per trip. It marks the second phase of a toll and fare increase package approved by the authority in August 2011.
PATH riders who use the PATH Smart Card can get a discount to a one-way fare of $1.70, off the $2.25 fare. But cash customers and those using Metrocards will pay full fare.
PATH riders will also pay more for multi-day passes. The seven-day Smart Link pass will cost $3 more or $24, while the 30-day Smart Link pass will be $73, up $8.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, path train, abc7 traffic center
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold 19 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Company insider comes forward against energy company 11 min ago
- Photos: NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade 46 min ago
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 45 min ago
- Suspect accused of setting Brooklyn apartment fire 3 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Earthquake shakes Los Angeles awake 26 min ago
- Tuesday last day to apply for TCS NYC Marathon 7 min ago
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold
19 min ago