ABC7 Traffic Center
PATH fare hikes take effect Monday
JERSEY CITY -- PATH train riders are now shelling out more for their trips.
Starting at 3 a.m. Monday, the price of a one-way ride on the interstate transit line operated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey went up a quarter to $2.25 per trip. It marks the second phase of a toll and fare increase package approved by the authority in August 2011.
PATH riders who use the PATH Smart Card can get a discount to a one-way fare of $1.70, off the $2.25 fare. But cash customers and those using Metrocards will pay full fare.
PATH riders are also paying more for multi-day passes. The seven-day Smart Link pass now costs $3 more, or $24, while the 30-day Smart Link pass is $73, up $8.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, path train, abc7 traffic center
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard 18 min ago
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying...
18 min ago