ABC7 Traffic Center
PATH fare hikes take effect Monday
JERSEY CITY -- PATH train riders are now shelling out more for their trips.
Starting at 3 a.m. Monday, the price of a one-way ride on the interstate transit line operated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey went up a quarter to $2.25 per trip. It marks the second phase of a toll and fare increase package approved by the authority in August 2011.
PATH riders who use the PATH Smart Card can get a discount to a one-way fare of $1.70, off the $2.25 fare. But cash customers and those using Metrocards will pay full fare.
PATH riders are also paying more for multi-day passes. The seven-day Smart Link pass now costs $3 more, or $24, while the 30-day Smart Link pass is $73, up $8.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, path train, abc7 traffic center
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 28 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son