ABC7 Traffic Center
Amtrak problems resolved; normal commute expected
NEWARK -- Amtrak has resolved signal problems that caused delays for evening commuters on NJ Transit's rail lines into and out of New York City.
An Amtrak spokesman says the signal problems are centered near Rahway. Spokesman Clifford Cole says work crews are on the scene.
Some minor delays continue, but the morning rush hour is expected to be normal.
NJ Transit had cancelled several departures from New York City on the Northeast Corridor and North Jersey Coast lines between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. and was cross-honoring bus and train tickets on PATH trains between New York and New Jersey.
Raritan Valley Line trains were delayed up to 30 minutes.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- Rangers lose 2-1 to Bruins, now 0-3 in series
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos