ABC7 Traffic Center
Amtrak problems resolved; normal commute expected
NEWARK -- Amtrak has resolved signal problems that caused delays for evening commuters on NJ Transit's rail lines into and out of New York City.
An Amtrak spokesman says the signal problems are centered near Rahway. Spokesman Clifford Cole says work crews are on the scene.
Some minor delays continue, but the morning rush hour is expected to be normal.
NJ Transit had cancelled several departures from New York City on the Northeast Corridor and North Jersey Coast lines between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. and was cross-honoring bus and train tickets on PATH trains between New York and New Jersey.
Raritan Valley Line trains were delayed up to 30 minutes.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State 5 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 54 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
54 min ago