ABC7 Traffic Center
Amtrak problems resolved; normal commute expected
NEWARK -- Amtrak has resolved signal problems that caused delays for evening commuters on NJ Transit's rail lines into and out of New York City.
An Amtrak spokesman says the signal problems are centered near Rahway. Spokesman Clifford Cole says work crews are on the scene.
Some minor delays continue, but the morning rush hour is expected to be normal.
NJ Transit had cancelled several departures from New York City on the Northeast Corridor and North Jersey Coast lines between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. and was cross-honoring bus and train tickets on PATH trains between New York and New Jersey.
Raritan Valley Line trains were delayed up to 30 minutes.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Weather puts damper on Coney Island businesses
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Bethpage Air Show on for Sunday
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos