ABC7 Traffic Center
Amtrak problems resolved; normal commute expected
NEWARK -- Amtrak has resolved signal problems that caused delays for evening commuters on NJ Transit's rail lines into and out of New York City.
An Amtrak spokesman says the signal problems are centered near Rahway. Spokesman Clifford Cole says work crews are on the scene.
Some minor delays continue, but the morning rush hour is expected to be normal.
NJ Transit had cancelled several departures from New York City on the Northeast Corridor and North Jersey Coast lines between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. and was cross-honoring bus and train tickets on PATH trains between New York and New Jersey.
Raritan Valley Line trains were delayed up to 30 minutes.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 5 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos 4 min ago
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos