ABC7 Traffic Center
Construction forces Brooklyn Bridge closures
NEW YORK (WABC) -- All Manhattan-bound lanes on the Brooklyn Bridge will be closed for the next two weekends.
The closures are part of the New York City Department of Transportation's project to rehabilitate the bridge ramps and approaches.
Full closure of the Manhattan-bound lanes will take place between 11:59 p.m. Friday, October 5 and 6 a.m. Monday, October 8, and between 11:59 p.m. Friday, October 12 and 6 a.m. Monday, October 15.
During these two 54-hour closures, all Manhattan-bound traffic will be redirected to alternate crossings, including the Manhattan Bridge, Williamsburg Bridge and the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel,
Brooklyn-bound access to the bridge will be maintained via ramps from Pearl Street & Center Street onto the contra-flow lanes.
There will be additional Brooklyn-bound access to the bridge via the Park Row ramp from Frankfort Street on both weekends.
To accommodate detoured traffic, additional lanes will be available for Manhattan-bound motorists on the Manhattan Bridge.
Motorists are urged to avoid the area and use alternate routes.
Traffic is especially heavy on the Manhattan Bridge heading into Manhattan, so motorists are advised to consider using the other East River crossings like the Williamsburg Bridge, the Ed Koch Bridge (59th Street Bridge), and the Battery Tunnel.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
abc7 traffic center
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds 54 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos