ABC7 Traffic Center
Slight LIRR train derailment causing delays
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The derailment of a non-passenger train in Long Island City is blocking the Long Island City Rail Yard where many diesel trains are stored.
Customers, especially those on the Port Jefferson and Oyster Bay branches, are advised to expect cancellations and delays and to travel to Penn Station, Woodside or Jamaica for eastbound service.
LIRR is urging customers to listen for station announcements.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos