ABC7 Traffic Center
Metro-North running more trains with new schedule
NEW HAVEN -- Commuter rail service along Metro-North's New Haven Line is now more frequent.
A new fall train schedule began on Sunday with 45 additional New Haven Line trains each week, including 30 new weekend trains. There is also increased service for customers traveling to Greenwich and Stamford during the weekday.
Department of Transportation Commissioner James Redeker said more weekday train service is also coming in 2013, making this the biggest service enhancement in New Haven Line history.
Metro-North operates the New Haven Line, which runs from New Haven to Grand Central Station in New York City, under a service agreement with the Connecticut DOT.
The schedule changes can be found at MTA.info.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, metro north, abc7 traffic center
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild 55 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site 15 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million 15 min ago
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Vito Lopez announces resignation from NY Assembly
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport 52 min ago
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos