ABC7 Traffic Center
Metro-North running more trains with new schedule
NEW HAVEN -- Commuter rail service along Metro-North's New Haven Line is now more frequent.
A new fall train schedule began on Sunday with 45 additional New Haven Line trains each week, including 30 new weekend trains. There is also increased service for customers traveling to Greenwich and Stamford during the weekday.
Department of Transportation Commissioner James Redeker said more weekday train service is also coming in 2013, making this the biggest service enhancement in New Haven Line history.
Metro-North operates the New Haven Line, which runs from New Haven to Grand Central Station in New York City, under a service agreement with the Connecticut DOT.
The schedule changes can be found at MTA.info.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, metro north, abc7 traffic center
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos