ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices drop on New Jersey toll roads
TRENTON, N.J. (WABC) -- The price of a regular gallon of gas droped seven cents on New Jersey toll roads Friday morning.
A gallon of gas on the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway will now cost you $3.72 instead of $3.79.
It is the second straight week of decline after a 3-cent drop the previous week.
Analysts expected lower prices at the pump, mostly due to falling crude oil prices and stations switching over to less expensive winter blends.
The highways offer some of the cheaper gas in the area, and motorists are taking note.
"I live on Staten Island, but I try to fill up in Jersey every chance I get," driver Tony Ablavskiy said.
Gas prices only increase once a week on the two highways, maintained by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Authority surveys 100 gas stations, located off the highway, every Wednesday and Thursday to determine an average statewide price, and implements the increases Friday morning. The service area per-gallon cost cannot be more than 3 cents above that average price.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, abc7 traffic center
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn 47 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 34 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion 45 min ago
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings 39 min ago
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
47 min ago
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings...
45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
34 min ago
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in...
39 min ago