ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices drop on New Jersey toll roads
TRENTON, N.J. (WABC) -- The price of a regular gallon of gas droped seven cents on New Jersey toll roads Friday morning.
A gallon of gas on the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway will now cost you $3.72 instead of $3.79.
It is the second straight week of decline after a 3-cent drop the previous week.
Analysts expected lower prices at the pump, mostly due to falling crude oil prices and stations switching over to less expensive winter blends.
The highways offer some of the cheaper gas in the area, and motorists are taking note.
"I live on Staten Island, but I try to fill up in Jersey every chance I get," driver Tony Ablavskiy said.
Gas prices only increase once a week on the two highways, maintained by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Authority surveys 100 gas stations, located off the highway, every Wednesday and Thursday to determine an average statewide price, and implements the increases Friday morning. The service area per-gallon cost cannot be more than 3 cents above that average price.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, abc7 traffic center
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen