ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices drop on New Jersey toll roads
TRENTON, N.J. (WABC) -- The price of a regular gallon of gas droped seven cents on New Jersey toll roads Friday morning.
A gallon of gas on the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway will now cost you $3.72 instead of $3.79.
It is the second straight week of decline after a 3-cent drop the previous week.
Analysts expected lower prices at the pump, mostly due to falling crude oil prices and stations switching over to less expensive winter blends.
The highways offer some of the cheaper gas in the area, and motorists are taking note.
"I live on Staten Island, but I try to fill up in Jersey every chance I get," driver Tony Ablavskiy said.
Gas prices only increase once a week on the two highways, maintained by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Authority surveys 100 gas stations, located off the highway, every Wednesday and Thursday to determine an average statewide price, and implements the increases Friday morning. The service area per-gallon cost cannot be more than 3 cents above that average price.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, abc7 traffic center
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 59 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
59 min ago